Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a "Best Company to Work For” and we're proud of our team for creating software that makes an impact in the lives of HR pros and employees all over the world.
What You'll Do
Our ideal Software Engineer will be an integral contributor to the current and next generation of our APP. You'll be working on multiple projects to continue making us the #1 HR Software for SMB business. If you get a kick out of solving problems and building beautiful world-class software, then you will love BambooHR.
- Write code for back end processes, RESTful public web APIs, and, of course, our industry-leading website.
- Research technologies and engineer complete solutions to problems.
- Propose and implement performance optimizations and scaling strategies.
- Work with the rest of the team to integrate your projects into the application.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our systems and processes.
- Come to work, do great things, then go home!
What You Need to Get the Job Done (Minimum Qualifications)
- 5+ years of experience in web development
- Service Development in a language like PHP, Python, Java, or C#, and a desire to work in PHP 7.3
- Object-Oriented development
- MySQL - both SQL query language and database structure/design
- Version control software, preferably Git
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you (Preferred Qualifications)
- We can see that you have a service-minded attitude
- Real-world examples of demonstrated technical leadership
- Experience in developing Software as a Service (fast release cycles that still support an existing userbase)
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related degree
What You'll Love About Us
Great Company Culture. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like Inc, Salt Lake Tribune, Glassdoor, & Comparably for our great workplace culture.
- Make an Impact. We care about your individuality by giving you freedom to grow and create within the company, regardless of your position.
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to a personal financial planner, and both legal and life insurance.
- Financial Peace University. We pay for a one year subscription and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.
- Give back. Get paid to give your time to the community: ask us about this!
- Educational Benefits. Whether you are a previous student, or currently enrolled in higher education, we can help cover some of those expenses.
- Flexible Work Models. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location.
***Want to speed up the process? Try our Backend Engineer coding challenge!
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.