Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a "Best Company to Work For” and we're proud of our team for creating software that makes an impact in the lives of HR pros and employees all over the world.
What You'll Do
As a Product Design Lead at BambooHR, you’ll have the chance to turn complex processes into effortless user journeys, collaborate on equal ground with engineers and product managers, mentor growing designers who want to put the customer first, and earn trust through positive impact as you oversee the design efforts around a specific area of our product. In this role, we want you to be able to continue improving your own design work while also growing your leadership skills as you manage a small number of designers. You’ll collaborate often with the Director of Product Design to ensure that all design work meets expectations for excellence in usability, interaction design, and visual design. In short, we will look to you to guide your team in creating products that people love to use.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and mentor reports in a player/coach role as you create products that are easy and delightful to use
- Coordinate with Product Managers and Director of Product Design on staffing needs within your area of product responsibility
- Work with the Director of Product Design to align teams on quality, training, and professional development.
- Participate in user research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Define, test, and iterate on the interaction design of new and existing product features (user-flows, detailed product wireframes, prototypes)
- Design beautiful visual UI that adheres to our UI design standards (detailed high-resolution screen mockups)
- Collaborate with product manager and tech lead on planning and execution within your product area
- Work with dev scrum teams to ensure pixel-perfect execution designs
What You Need to Get the Job Done
A Product Design Lead at BambooHR is both a people leader and a thoughtful designer that works with a high level of ownership over projects. We're looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record of designing successful SaaS-based software products and features from scratch – starting at initial research and discovery, through concept design/iteration, to completed product launch and continued improvements.
- Has at least 6 years of product based UX design experience working on complex desktop, web, and/or mobile software apps
- Has experience mentoring and growing individual contributors
- Has a portfolio of work demonstrating a high level of expertise in user research, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping/testing, and visual UI design
What We're Excited To Discuss With You:
- Your design skills as demonstrated through an in-depth portfolio review of previous, relevant, product design work.
- Your ability to collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, and developers
- How you are able to keep projects on track and progressing despite setbacks and unforeseen issues
- Your experience presenting ideas and designs to coworkers and customers
- Your ability to distill and communicate results of user research and demonstrate how it impacts the design
- The prioritization skills that let you work on many projects at once while maintaining commitments
- How you have managed or mentored others
What You'll Love About Us
Great Company Culture. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like Inc, Salt Lake Tribune, Glassdoor, & Comparably for our great workplace culture.
- Make an Impact. We care about your individuality by giving you freedom to grow and create within the company, regardless of your position.
- Develop Professionally. We love helping designers grow and become the best in the industry. BambooHR provides many opportunities to enhance your skills through regular team and individual training, mentorship sessions, and more. We also pay for you to complete IDEO U’s “Foundations in Design Thinking Certificate”.
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to a personal financial planner, and both legal and life insurance.
- Financial Peace University. We pay for a one year subscription and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.
- Give back. Get paid to give your time to the community: ask us about this!
- Flexible Work Models. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location.
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.