Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here, too. We've been recognized as a "Best Company to Work For” and we're proud of our team for receiving awards for workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
What You'll Do
As a Manager of several Sr. Systems Engineers in our IT Operations department, the part you play in our integral team has lots of strategic impact. This role is a cool combo of technical aptitude as well as the ability to lead a team! You will ensure that your team members are aligned to department and company objectives, and help your team follow the defined system architecture, policies and values. By joining IT Operations at BambooHR you'd be joining a team of highly competent individuals who thrive on efficiency and are constantly working to grow from good to great. You will work closely with the directors of software development, IT director, and architects to prioritize work, define system standards and evaluate new technologies. Some of your important functions will include the following:
- Being a leader that inspires great work and helps create an environment of respect, quality, and continuous improvement that will help employees thrive and do their best work
- Working closely with engineering teams to provide the infrastructure and services needed to support our SAAS product
- Working closely with stakeholders to properly prioritize work to maintain alignment to company objectives and initiatives
- Partnering with other Systems Engineering Managers to develop best practices, standards and collaboration between system and engineering teams
- Being proactive in working towards systems automation and self-service for services and systems that are managed by the systems engineering teams
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- You MUST be in UT for this position, we will not be pursuing out of state or out of country candidates at this time
- 5+ years' experience in systems engineering, management of a technical team, and technical management
- This means you've got a super strong technical background, but you also have held management positions and thrive on being an effective and loved leader!
- A mindset of continuous improvement and operational excellence - the gold mine of successful operations!
- Skills in managing Linux based web, application and database servers
- Experience with Nginx, PHP, and MySQL
- Experience with networking devices such as firewalls, load balancers, DNS
What Will Make Us REALLY Love You
- Well above-par communication and collaboration skills - the ability to work across departments to meet bigger company initiatives is key
- Ability to juggle solving critical ad hoc tasks involving systems and infrastructure that arise throughout the day-to-day
- Project management and time management skills that are to be admired!
- The ability to contribute to strategic plans, execute them over time, and a passion for doing so!
What You'll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like Inc, Salt Lake Tribune, Glassdoor, & Comparably for our great workplace culture.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to a personal financial planner, and both legal and life insurance.
- Financial Peace University. We pay for the class and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.
- Give back. Get paid to give your time to the community: ask us about this!
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.